With spring hunting season opening tomorrow the Province has updated its guidance to respond to the challenges of the COVID-19 emergency. Specifically:
Specific guidance for angling and hunting activities, including but not limited to:
- Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with.
- Maintain physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet) from other individuals you come across.
- Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with.
- Fish and hunt locally.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc.
- Adhere to all travel advisories and self isolation requirements.
- Adhere to all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.).
- Many BC Parks and recreation sites are closed. It is suggested to check ahead.
- If you are not confident you can meet all of these conditions, please postpone your trip.
For more information read Fishing and Hunting COVID-19 Updates.