Representing up to 4,000 members from around the Lower Mainland, PCDHFC’s executive and volunteers are dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of our members in:
- firearms property rights – we believe in the safe and responsible use of firearms in the hands of the public
- hunting, fishing and trapping access – we believe in ensuring the continued access to the land for the purpose of acquiring wild foods in an ethical and sustainable manner
- the advancement of sport shooting and archery – we believe that sports shooting and archery are beneficial and enjoyable pastimes with proud histories worth preserving. Target shooting, archery and competitive shooting sports should be open to competitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- preservation of nature for the benefit of wild species and humans – we believe human activities should return back to conservation of habitat and advocate for the use of our user fees to go toward environmental preservation and regulation of healthy animal populations
- support for law enforcement, military and veterans – we believe in supporting the health and welfare of our fellow Canadians who serve in uniform
- support for rational public safety laws – we believe in rational regulations and laws aimed at criminals that do not infringe on the rights of the public
Protecting our members – we act to ensure our members can continue participating in their traditional activities by representing our activities to the authorities, by getting advice from our club legal representation and by maintaining insurance coverage for our members
Direct advocacy – On issues that directly affect our members, we meet directly with our elected representatives at every relevant level to ensure that the voices of our members are heard and that a proper presentation of our issues is put forward. We have an open invite to politicians and those seeking genuine information on our activities to meet with our directors and to visit our facilities.
Donations – every year proceeds from our events and outright grants voted on by your executive and membership go toward charities in our community and other worthy causes that meet our interests
Education – we aim to provide as much information to our members as possible on issues that may be of concern. Through our social media, website, meetings and direct digital mailing our goal is to give our members information so that they can act.
Partnerships – PCDHFC is pleased to collaborate with other like-minded organizations on the issues above.