Message from Gerry Irvine, Range Improvements Committee
Welcome to 2019 as some of you may know from the general meeting our funds are not limitless but the range is getting older and there are issues that need to be dealt with. I will try to keep you informed about issues that need your help.
If you are a construction company or have friends that can help or you have experience in any of the construction trades please let me know.
When we receive our re-certification from the CFO we may need to upgrade some walls and berms.
If you are in the civil construction field we may need help with raising earthen berms and taller walls possible gabian wall construction. Any improvement will need to be designed and properly vetted – which may require professional engineering and drawings.
Range 7 Improvements
- Range 7 noise abatement almost finished
- Target room and entrance foyer still to be covered in.
- New or used double glazed windows for Bulls-eye Room – does anybody out there have a source for windows that will fit?
- The bulletin boards have been re-installed
- The remainder of the shooting tables will be finished when weather is warmer
- We are still looking to source new door handles with lever handles for range 7 (any club members with a door company?)
On ranges 4 and 5 we believe one or two of the high skeet sheds may have to have new roofing applied.
If you are a roofer and have the time maybe have a look at them and give me your opinion on what we can do.
Director, Range Improvements Committee
Call for volunteers
A general Volunteer form has been created if you would like to volunteer your services. Please go here to submit an email message to the member coordinator with your expertise and experience.